2016 has been a great (and very busy!) year for us. Here's some of the things we've achieved...
• We supported key industry events, including XpoNorth, Wide Days, Showcase Scotland and the inaugural Music Tourist Summit, which took place last month in Glasgow.
• We recruited several new board members, adding to the diverse skill-set and experience of the association.
• We worked in partnership with various industry organisations, including PRS for Music, the Music Producers Guild - MPG, 57 Degrees North and Creative Europe Desk UK - Culture to deliver some fantastic events and sector meet ups throughout Scotland.
• We commissioned a research project to map Scotland's music economy, beginning early 2017.
• We commissioned a new SMIA website (launching in January) which will facilitate greater communication, host a wealth of new resources and members content, provide a new members area with new membership benefits and much more.
• We started the process of converting the SMIA into a consortium, allowing members to gain voting rights and help shape the association's strategic objectives.
• We delivered a series of training, learning and inspiring events for our members.
• We successfully delivered The SAY Award 2016, our biggest and most successful campaign to date, in partnership with Creative Scotland, Renfrewshire Council, TicketWeb and PPL.
• We strengthened our working relationships with organisations including UK Music, Help Musicians UK, the Musicians' Union and the Music Venue Trust. We are looking forward to seeing these relationships continue to grow in 2017 as we work together on some new projects.
• We more than doubled our eclectic list of members' benefits in the last six months, including securing SMIA members discounts on music insurance, backline hire, hotel rooms, legal advice and much more.
If you're interested in joining the SMIA or would like some more information, please email Robert Kilpatrick (Projects and Operations Manager) – email@example.com
We hope to see many of you at our events in the new year.
All the best,